Shooting Disciplines > NRA Smallbore Rifle

2011 Spring Match Information

(1/1)

servicerifle:
2011 Spring Match Schedule & Information

Eric Hampel has volunteered to revamp our Smallbore program and has set the following match program:

I will try for the Dewar match / 100 yard match on Saturday Nov 13.  We will have to see how the light is.  100 yards could be tough if we can't see our hits on target.

I will open the small bore target shed for (call it what you want) squadded Conventional Small Bore Prone practice (or see if this works for a league event) on the following dates:

Feb. 6, 20 (Sundays)
Feb. 26 (Saturday)
March 12, 26 (Saturdays)
April 9, 23 (Saturdays)
May 14, 28 (Saturdays)
June 11 (Sunday, 1600 point club championship).

If the temperature is above freezing, and there is no visible precipitation I will be there.

My plan is to shoot one half of a 1600 point prone match each day we can shoot.

So the first match will be 50 yard / 50 meter, the second will be Dewar match / 100 yard.

I will try to follow this timing schedule:

High power shooters will recognize this as 25 minute block time. Ten minutes to change targets. A match is 40 shots in on two 20 shot cards (unlimited sighters). If you feel you need a rest between 40 shot matches - get in group 1 2 or 3 so you can take a relay off and still finish your 80 shots.
If you do not arrive early enough to start in group 1, quietly unload your gear, and wait for the target change.

Equipment -

I will allow any 22 rifle with this restriction -

If you have an autoloader, you must engage the safety and un-shoulder the rifle after every shot.

This is to put the autoloaders on the same pace as the single shot target rifles, and prevent rapid fire practice during the match.

Introducing Small Bore F-Class - (there isn't any such thing that I know of), but if you are uncomfortable with sling and jacket, bring any rest and join in.

There are only ten target frames, so if we have a big turn out, there will need to be changes to the basic plan to fit every one in.

By June 11, high power should be back to its full schedule, and I will evaluate where we stand for small bore. The board of directors has approved a cover for the small bore range, so summer heat should be more manageable. I think the summer schedule will be one match a month (maybe 1200 or 1600 point match (see Small Bore Rule Book section 7 - link below)).

Links to useful information.

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/smallbore.asp

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/nra-rule-books.asp

Eric H.

Contact Eric:  ehampel@cinci.rr.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version