The Official Miami Rifle and Pistol Club Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Registered users can practice HTML features in the Sandbox

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: WE NEED A GENERAL CATEGORY WE CAN POST IN  (Read 1246 times)

Jim Kammerer

• Nobody said it was gonna be easy
WE NEED A GENERAL CATEGORY WE CAN POST IN
« on: November 03, 2017, 09:18:12 AM »

WE NEED A GENERAL CATEGORY WE CAN POST IN LIKE EVERY OTHER NORMAL FORUM ON THE INTERNET!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:03:12 AM by Jim Kammerer »
Jim Kammerer -  EMAIL: jak71454@aol.com – M.R.&P.C. member - since 1995; N.R.A. member: Patron - Life; O.G.C.A. member: Life

Jim Kammerer

Re: WE NEED A GENERAL CATEGORY WE CAN POST IN
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 05:04:01 PM »

why can't we do this?
Jim Kammerer -  EMAIL: jak71454@aol.com – M.R.&P.C. member - since 1995; N.R.A. member: Patron - Life; O.G.C.A. member: Life

jgrote

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 02:47:07 PM »

Hey Jim, 
The "Sandbox" category under "General Category" is the location on this forum for any type of general topics.  It's not used much, but neither is this forum.  I hardly ever check check the forum since it's an informal page available for those users and guests that have the interest to check it out.  Hope this helps.

Thanks, John
VP Property

Jim Kammerer

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 04:53:49 PM »

ACCORDING TO THE SANDBOX INFO:

The Sandbox is a board where you can learn to use the various html features to enhance your posts.

AND, YOU CAN'T EVEN POST ANYTHING THERE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 02:44:47 AM by Jim Kammerer »

Jim Kammerer

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 02:59:06 AM »

It's not used much, but neither is this forum.  I hardly ever check check the forum since it's an informal page available for those users and guests that have the interest to check it out.

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY 99.9% OF THE 2000+ MR&PC MEMBERS HAVE TO COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER MEMBERS

GSMAlifer

• DDG-18
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 10:05:44 AM »

Jim,
You might be beating a dead horse with this, though I saw where your post was read over 300 times.  Some folks appear to be interested.
Seems to me that a General Category would be a good idea .......... at least as good as "Good Grub", which really should be a sub-category of "General".  I've never looked at the "Sandbox" because, as you said, it's description indicates it is just for 'fooling around' to learn how to use the forum software.

Have you tried emailing the web administrator directly?  The "contacts" link on the main page lists email addresses for officers & such.

I've noticed that postings seem to have slowed down somewhat from years past, even in "For Sale".  Perhaps there would be more interest in your idea, if postings ever pick up again.
LC Meyer
USN Certified Master Coffee Drinker

Semper ubi sub ubi

Jim Kammerer

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 05:02:13 PM »

I THINK INTEREST WAS CURTAILED SOMEWHAT WHEN THEY DELETED A BUNCH OF POSTS THEY DIDN'T LIKE AND ALSO AT THAT TIME GOT RID OF THE GENERAL CATEGORY.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:56:54 PM by Jim Kammerer »

jgrote

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 05:37:11 PM »

Hi Jim, I haven’t been on the forum for a while and saw your post.  Last time I responded I mentioned the forum is informal and is not used much these days.  Certainly used by some but not by many.

The forum is also not often used by board members.  If you do ever have a topic that you’d like to have a response from one of the board members there are a few options.  A low level option is to call and leave a message on the phone number listed on the club webpage.  The phone system and options have recently been revised for a normal response time of 48 hours if a voicemail with name and phone number is left. 

A second option is to email any of the board members and their email connection is also on the club webpage on the “contacts” page. 

Another more formal option is to attend a board meeting.  Topics brought to the board meeting by members are discussed and a board response to the topic is provided.  Board meeting times are shown on the club calendar both the printed and online versions.

You’re always welcome to contact me via email through the club web page under contacts.

Hope this helps

Thanks, John Grote
VP Property

Jim Kammerer

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 06:51:27 PM »

I haven’t been on the forum for a while. Last time I responded I mentioned the forum is informal and is not used much these days.  Certainly used by some but not by many.
This could be because there is no easy way to cummicate ideas between members.
Like I said before:"THIS IS THE ONLY WAY 99.9% OF THE 2000+ MR&PC MEMBERS HAVE TO COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER MEMBERS".

The forum is also not often used by board members.
That is probably why it is not used much by other members.  Also the web site is in pitiful condition.  Out of date stuff and many other things wrong.

If you do ever have a topic that you’d like to have a response from one of the board members there are a few options.  A low level option is to call and leave a message on the phone number listed on the club webpage.  The phone system and options have recently been revised for a normal response time of 48 hours if a voicemail with name and phone number is left. 
A second option is to email any of the board members and their email connection is also on the club webpage on the “contacts” page. 
Another more formal option is to attend a board meeting.  Topics brought to the board meeting by members are discussed and a board response to the topic is provided.  Board meeting times are shown on the club calendar both the printed and online versions.
You’re always welcome to contact me via email through the club web page under contacts.
Contacting the BOD is easy and can be done in many ways; but the other members may like to post in a manner that all the other boards on the internet provide.

How hard could it be to add a section that all members can post to with general info? I could do it in 5-10 minutes.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 02:49:32 AM by Jim Kammerer »

Jim Kammerer

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 02:46:31 PM »

Can we start an email group for all members?

GSMAlifer

• DDG-18
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 08:29:07 PM »

Jim:

While I agree with you that a true "General" or "Miscellaneous" category might be better to have than maybe a "Good Grub" category, I'm not with you on an "email group for members".   You have referred to 2000+ members, but while I don't know if that's a valid number, I am pretty sure that a high percentage of those members wouldn't be any more interested in hearing what I have to say on everything under the sun than I would be to have my mailbox filled daily with comments from 2000+ members.

Fact is, you're never going to reach all those members anyway, whether with an "email group" or more, or renamed, forum categories, because they would opt out of email, just as they don't read the forums.  I am not exactly sure what it is you think 99.9% of the members need to have communicated to them, but I think if they cared, they'd be here already, joining the conversations.
LC Meyer
USN Certified Master Coffee Drinker

Semper ubi sub ubi

Jim Kammerer

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 09:58:58 AM »

There are I am sure a lot of people on this forum that are NOT members of the MR&PC.  This email list would therefore communicate with only members. And, of course you would only be on it if you wanted on.  There are only 623 people on this forum and we lost over 600 since the BOD  took action back in 2011.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 02:50:15 AM by Jim Kammerer »

jgrote

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 12:55:30 PM »

Hi Jim,  I've not looked at the forum lately and don't very often anyway.  If you'd like to discuss this topic regarding "general category" I'd be glad to do that by email not this forum since it's such an indirect way to try and get something done.  If you'd like to get something done let me know and contact me by going to the MRPC web and click on VP Property to email me.  Hope to hear from you.

John Grote
VP Property

Jim Kammerer

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 03:40:28 AM »

If you'd like to discuss this topic regarding "general category" I'd be glad to do that by email not this forum since it's such an indirect way to try and get something done.  If you'd like to get something done let me know and contact me by going to the MRPC web and click on VP Property to email me.  Hope to hear from you.
John Grote
VP Property

WANTED TO EMAIL YOU BUT COULD NOT GET INTO THE MEMBER'S PAGE THAT HAS ALL THE BOARD MEMBERS ON IT.

I guess they forgot to update the password on Feb 1st & I don't remember the old one.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 03:41:23 AM by Jim Kammerer »

Jim Kammerer

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 01:02:02 PM »

A friend sent me the old password(encoded of course) and I got in OK.  Then I went to the BOD list and shows Richard Coutny as VP Property not John Grote. ???

as of 4/18/18:
I did find a list of contacts and it had VP PROPERTY but when I clicked on it produced a list of email accounts none of which I have. very confused now?!?!?!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 04:18:56 AM by Jim Kammerer »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up