The Official Miami Rifle and Pistol Club Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Registered users can practice HTML features in the Sandbox

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CMP 1911 Pistols  (Read 219 times)

Casper

CMP 1911 Pistols
« on: February 01, 2018, 09:05:57 AM »

I know our club is involved in the CMP program. I am interested in obtaining info on the MRPC's activity on getting some of the soon to be released 1911's. I WANT ON THIS LIST!!!! I am sure I'm not the only one. I searched this forum site and surprisingly didn't get any hits. Does MRPC have a signup list to get one of these CMP 1911's? How does one go about getting on the list?

Thanks
Casper

Parabellum

• Global Moderator
Re: CMP 1911 Pistols
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 05:28:22 PM »

The 1911's are sold to individuals directly by the CMP.  This link shows the latest information available.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

brasschucker

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 05:31:33 PM »

If you go to the CMP website they have a page dedicated to explaining the process for getting one of these pistols. If I am not mistaken they are limiting the sales to 1 per year.

Casper

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 09:13:37 AM »

Thanks for the replies guys. I went to the CMP website and did some reading and now have a few other questions. Below is a quote from the CMP website as to the requirements to buy.
Potential purchasers will have to provide to CMP a new set of documents exhibiting: 
1) proof of U.S. Citizenship,
2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club,
3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity,
4) a new form 2A with notary,
5) a signed copy of the 01, or 02, or 07 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to.

Im sure there are some members in the club that have gone thru this before with an M1 or a M12 so, if you could help with a couple of these questions?
1 = A drivers license, Green card, Passport etc....
2 = Is MRPC a CMP affiliate club? Will my membership to MRPC or the NRA fulfill this?????
3 = This one really has me baffled. I participate in many different events at the club (BR Centerfire, BR Rimfire, Winter and Summer Varmint, & Steel ). Would any of these fulfill this obligation? How could I prove this? I get the emails with the final scores but I don't think this would be considered proof. There is an USPSA Practical Pistol Clinic later this month. Maybe they give out a receipt for this event and maybe that's what is needed. Anyone have input on this?
4 = I assume this will be a form that is part of the packet that will need to be filled out and taken to a notary to notarize the signature.
5 = I think my FFL will be able to provide this form. Let me know if I'm wrong on this one.

The instructions are to be posted 90 days before they are to be uploaded. Once all the data is accumulated you will fax it to the number they will post. They say no early up-loaders but people are in different timezones. Once they post the date can I upload on that date per my timezone or should I only upload for the timezone of the area code of the number they post?

Anyone interested the info I got was from http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/  which Parabellum posted earlier.

Parabellum

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 07:38:24 PM »

MRPC is a CMP affiliated club.

Link to more info

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/eligibility-requirements/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:39:56 PM by Parabellum »
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

brasschucker

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 01:49:34 PM »

Proof of Marksmanship could be a  copy of the final scores from those matches with your name highlighted. A classification card from the NRA, or scores from any CMP matches you might have shot. As far as the FFL, I bet if you called Bob Jones at Jenamy Guns he would have an answer for you. I have bought guns online using Bob and never had a problem with him getting his FFL to the seller. 

Jim Kammerer

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 02:41:18 PM »

Good luck getting one. 

Only 100,000 are available (not needed by US army).

They have to release 8000 by law per year.

Odds are you won't get one.

AND IF YOU DO:
Grade and pricing of the 1911s will not be made until inspection has occurred of a substantial quantity which will take an estimated 150 days post receipt.  CMP will price at fair market value in accordance with CMP's enabling legislation.

WHICH MEANS EVEN IF YOU GET ONE IT WON'T BE A GOOD DEAL.
Jim Kammerer MR&PC member since 1995; N.R.A. - Endowment Life; O.G.C.A. - Life
Pages: [1]   Go Up